It’s playtest weekend! For the tester, this is a chance to explore a new game for a few hours and then talk about it with people who are desperate for their opinions. For devs, this is the test of all our hard work, our crucible, where all our best ideas will be casually bent and broken. The hour is nigh.
What’s changed since the last playtest:
- An entire new zone of levels
- Complete rebalance of loot distribution
- Level loading and unloading logic, which didn’t exist at all before
- Total rework of enemy AI
- Countless UI and code improvements
- Loads more secret areas
- Very significant changes to the early-game “mechanic-learning” experience
And we did all that with plenty of time to spare, I promise. It probably won’t all burn down.